BASIC COACHING WORKSHOP FOR MENTORS AND ALUMNI OF “CREATIVE MENTORSHIP”
In November “Creative Mentorship” prepared and organized first training for members of our Pool of Mentors, which introduced all those interested in coaching to the basis of these techniques.
Call for joining the Pool of Mentors is always open. Read more and join us if you are interested to share your knowledge and experience in the next, fifth program cycle of “Creative Mentorship” through monthly conversations in 2019.
It was our pleasure that the training was conceptualized and held by Veselin Vasiljković, Seniour HR Consultant in Gi Group company, which is our long-term and key educational partner.
Mentorship for us is not the same as coaching, but those two approaches do have some common characteristics. Thus, knowing the basics of coaching techniques and tools can be useful also for mentoring process. Knowing based on the applications and conversations with members of the Pool of Mentors, as well as with alumni of our program, that many of them are interested in this topic, we decided to organize a coaching training with the support of the Gi Group. The training was targeted to those who do not already have the knowledge or professional experience in this field and how find it new, and it included active participation of all mentors and alumni who participated.
Some of the topics we dealt with at the workshop were:
- Difference between mentoring and coaching
- Right situations for coaching and roles and responsibilities in the coaching process
- Coaching in reality and preconditions of right coaching
- Coaching process and structure of a right coaching process
- Right coaching questions and the skill of paraphrasing
- Active listening and building rapport
- Implementation of GROW model in coaching
As always, “Creative Mentorship” team conducted written evaluation at the end of the workshop, inquiring quality, conclusions and impressions of the participants. Some of the responses about the use of the workshop content in the future work of participants were related to:
- Advancing and developing in communication
- Tools for communication that are applicable in everyday life
- Improving in active listening
- Coaching and mentoring being part of the team leadership
- Opportunity to help someone
As the main impressions participants pointed out:
- Many useful tools for mentoring process were shared
- Thorough preparation and good format of the workshop
- This type of workshop raises awareness about the need to constantly learn and develop personally
- Excitement of how much content was offered in only 5 hours
We are grateful to all participants and happy that members of the Pool of Mentors, as well as alumni and current mentors of “Creative Mentorship” were interested for further development and learning about new tools and techniques which can be useful in mentoring, but also in personal and professional life.
We are specially grateful to the trainer Veselin and the whole team of Gi Group for a long-term and more than successful cooperation.