Preparatory questions for the first mentoring session – mentee
The first session with your mentor is essential. Besides introducing you to each other, it sets the basic guidelines for the future communication. According to the experience gained from the “Creative Mentorship” programme, it is fundamental that the mentee prepares for the first mentoring session – thinks about his/her expectations, wishes and hopes, as well as the specific goals that (s)he wants to achieve in the upcoming period.
- Think about topics from your private and professional life that you would like to share with your mentor.
- What are your short-term, mid-term and long-term goals?
- In which areas can your mentor support you?
- How would you like to arrange the frequency and topics of your sessions?
- What do you expect from the mentorship relationship?